All the benefits of a Montessori Education in a traditional setting
How Apple Creek Preschool Differs From Frisco Montessori Schools
Preparing your little one for kindergarten success
At Apple Creek, your child benefits from learning through play. This approach ensures that they’re well prepared for kindergarten and beyond. They learn at their own pace as teachers model and encourage respectful, collaborative teamwork in a fun, developmentally-appropriate environment.
Growing Your Child Through Various Montessori Teachings
Although not classified as a Montessori school, your child spends their days at Apple Creek Preschool learning through various Montessori techniques developed by Maria Montessori in Italy in the early 1900s. These techniques are still used for academic success today.
The Only Preschool In Frisco With NAEYC Accreditation
The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) ensures your child is safe, healthy, and learning each day and receives a developmentally appropriate, high-quality education that meets the “best practices in the field.”
Developing Self-Help & Problem Solving Skills
Both Apple Creek Preschool and the Montessori Method emphasize developing self-help skills and problem-solving individually and as a group. Both approaches view your child holistically and address their social, cognitive, and creative development and needs with great respect.
Courtesy & Manners Foster A Lifelong Love Of Learning
Courtesy and manners are part of the daily classroom in both programs. The multi-disciplinary and interwoven curriculums promote individual and cooperative work and foster a life-long love of learning using hands-on activities to encourage and develop the whole child.
Here Are Some Traits That Distinguish The Differences Between The Two Programs:
- Children are in multi-age groups
- 25 children, 2 teachers in a group
- Teachers are certified by Montessori organizations
- Schools may or may not have AMS/AMI accreditation
- Serious, work-oriented environment
- Utilizes contained work trays and materials
Apple Creek Preschool
- Children are in groups according to their school year
- 16 children, 2 teachers in a group
- Teachers have college degrees or are actively working on degrees in Education or Early Childhood Education
- NAEYC Accredited
- Playful academic environment
- Utilizes a variety of learning materials, including some from the Montessori Method